Friday, August 20, 2010

How fast things change!


This summer is just been flying by and I feel like I can hardly catch my breath. I have lots of fun things to report. First off Tabitha came home from her mission in Thailand on July 23 at midnight. We spent the evening with all of Levi's family. We had a BBQ and decorated the yard. Then when the time came we got Finn out of bed and everyone went to the airport to meet her. We all stayed up late hearing Tabitha's stories and enjoying the gifts she brought. Welcome home Tabitha!!!


Levi's sister Hayley and her family came from their home in New Mexico to see Tabitha come home. They got to stay for two weeks and it was a lot of fun! This is her youngest Stratton playing with some of the balloons that were used for the decorations.


Finn, Levi and Carson relaxing in the hammock.


Hayley and Stratton and part of Finn.


Finn watching a movie with one of his favorite people, his uncle AJ.


Finn and Stratton. Finn isn't sure how he feels about this.


Finn and his cousin Carson.


One of the things we did as a family was roast marshmallows. We also went swimming, went to the movies and played games. We had some good times. One more thing about this picture. In the background you can see an alien which belongs to Levi's brother AJ. If you don't know AJ I just want to say that he is one of the funniest people I know and one of the things he likes to do is scare people with this alien of his. So if you visit the Richins just be careful if you want to use the bathroom or if your staying the night check your bed.


This picture has no story to it I just love his sweet smile.


Finn having a blast blowing bubbles with his Grandma Elaine. At the first of this month we did some cement work around the base of the house because we tend to get water in the basement every time it rains. My father and my brother and his family came to help as well and Levi's parents and all of his siblings. The cement goes around the front and down one side of the house and it looks great! Just yesterday we had a crazy storm. The kind that leaves our yard full of broken branches and I am happy to say that I didn't find a single puddle in the basement! Yea!! Thank you everyone for all your hard work!!! We couldn't have done it without you.


Finn loves to play with his train set. Especially if it is set up so his train pieces end up rolling under the couch.


This is a picture of the train track put together with every piece included. This is a feat that I have tried many times and I thought was impossible but Levi found a way. I was so excited about it that I made him take a picture.


So you never know what things will grab your toddlers attention but this day Finn played all day with a kazoo saxophone and the tub stopper.


Finn wearing his cousins sunglasses.


Finn loves to sit on the bench like a big boy and have a snack. He had just finished a powdered doughnut.


Finn and Levi were having a great time taking pictures with his iphone.


All three of us.


Finn sitting in the bouncy chair that we set up for our friends little girl.


So for some really big news! At the beginning of July we discovered that I was pregnant! The baby is due on March 12. It has been a rough pregnancy so far but I am really excited all the same. We will keep everyone posted on the progress and we will know in about eight weeks weather we are having a boy or a girl.


One last note I wanted to add. Last week we said a sad goodbye to our friends Jen and Clark. They moved to San Diego so Clark can attend law school. We have spent every weekend that we could with them for over three years and it will be impossible to replace them in our lives. We miss them terribly but we know that this is an awesome opportunity for them. Good luck guys! We miss you!

9 comments:

McCall said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! I always love to see your pictures and hear what you guys are up to :)

Jenna said...

Yay Marissa!! We are so excited for you!!! I can't wait until you find out if its a boy or a girl!! I love all your pics of Finn! He is such a handsome little man!! Give him loves for me!!

Heather said...

Congrats!! We are so excited for you guys!

Peggy said...

I really like how you sneaked in your big announcement. Congratulations!

Amarissa Ainsworth said...

Congrats! That is way exciting! I hope it gets better for you!

The Fershtut Four said...

What fun pictures. The cement work looks great! And that is the best and clearest ultrasound pic I have ever seen. Can't wait to find out if it is a boy or a girl!

P.S. I love that little powdered donut face.

Jessica Bath said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Ambrea said...

Aw Ris congrats! You will love having two! How fun for you guys! Hang in there, it's ok to call me and complain on a rough preggers day (I know ALL about that!). Been thinking about you, I know I missed your bday sorry. I just need to CALL you so we can chat! xoxo

Stacy said...

Congrats on the little one! That is SOOOOOOOOOOO exciting!!!