Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Finn Arnold Richins

He's here! Finn was born on 9/16/08 at 11:16 am, weighing 7 pounds and 8 ounces. He is 21 in. long. Both baby and Rissa are doing great. I am good as well (after I got some sleep). We are so excited to have him here and can't wait to bring him home. As a side note Finn broke Marissa's water with a kick. It was around 5:00 am and she felt a huge kick and Bam, broken. I don't know if it was a round-house kick or not, but I was proud. (These first few post were written by Levi but I (Marissa) later added more pictures so some of the pictures have text written by Levi and some by me.)

Marissa 2 days before baby came


Marissa all hooked up to monitors right before little boy came.


Me all prepped and to go with Marissa into surgery once we determined that a c-section was the best route to get little boy here.

Finn a couple minutes after birth


Sweet baby!


Marissa holding Finn for the first time.

Mom and son bonding

Finn's first bath (I think he liked it)





Finn Arnold with Grandpa Arnold.


Finn with Grandpa Elaine.


Finn with Aunt Tabitha.


Finn with Uncle Ian.


Grandpa Terry


Grandma Kathy






Finn and Dad.


Grandpa Terry holding Finn so we can see his hair. One of my favorite things about my Dad is his hands. He has worked hard all of his life and his hands show it. They are big and strong and thick skinned. I love the contrast of Finn as a brand new baby being held by my Dad's big tough hands. My Dad also has a big soft heart when it comes to little ones.



Uncle A.J.


Sweet face!


Little boy home at last resting in his basket.


This little boy had an endless stream of visitors who were excited that he came!


Aunt Jenna and Finn.


I like this shot of Finn's hands.


Finn and Dad snuggle time.


Finn and Uncle Ryan.


Bright eyed


Finn and his Dad


Aunt Tabitha and Uncle A.J.




Tabitha received her mission call to Thailand!


Mom and Finn


Finn makes some great faces!



Marissa tired but happy!


Aunt Kait


Our first family picture


Grandpa Terry helping Isaac hold Finn.


Carter and Finn


Arnie and Elaine with their first two grand babies; Carson and Finn.


When Levi gets home each day from work he always sits and snuggles this little boy!


I love sleepy baby faces! It's crazy how much I love someone that I just met!





On Finn's first outing Grandma Kathy put this little hat on his head. He was a much happier boy! We soon discovered that the warmer Finn was the better so I took to putting a hat on him everyday.



I love how cute his face is here! I love how little babies can look like babies and old men at the same time. What a sweetheart! 


Levi's classic baby hold.

14 comments:

Robin Conner said...

Congratulations! Your baby is beautiful! Marrissa, I bet you're so glad you can see your feet again! :) You'll be great parents! Keep the pics coming! Congrats again! :)

Devin and Elisa said...

Congratulations! We're so excited for you! You all look great! We're glad you didn't have to wait too long past the due date. Parenthood is lots of fun!

Aapree said...

Yeah! Congratulations! We're so excited to see him when you come home. He is absolutely darling. Let us know if we can do anything for you in the days to come!

Holladay Duplex said...

Congratulations!!! We are so excited to meet him, but it will probably have to wait until December. LOVE the name. I don't know if you guys know it, but Gabe's middle name is Finn (as in Finland, in honor of Brad's mission).

Accalia said...

Wonderful! I am so happy for you! Looking at your pictures brought tears. I can't wait to see the three of you!

The Fershtut Four said...

My new nephew is so cute! Congrats guys. I can't wait so come up and see you...less than two weeks away!

Stacy said...

You are a natural Levi! You guys will be the BEST parents (next to us). Marissa and Finn look like angels laying there next to eachother...too cute!

Andrea Griggs said...

Congratulations-he's beautiful! Good work Mommy . . . and Daddy too! Enjoy every minute!

Heidi said...

WooHoo!!! Glad to see all is well with everyone!!!! We are all very excited about the newbie!!! Cameron and I decided it must have been a "dragon-kick" because that is the most powerful kick around ..... So excited to see you both and that all is well.......

Virginia said...

He is beautiful! Congratulations! We can't wait to meet him.

HolmesWare said...

Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you guys and hope things are going well!! We can't wait to meet him!

Robyn said...

Congratulations guys!! I'm so excited for you!

Unknown said...

what a sweet little boy. I'm not sure how babies make mommy's tummy look like she has a melon under her shirt, then come out all elongated like that... ;)

Stacy said...

Alright Richins...it's time to update the blog. I know you've got some cute pictures of that baby boy that you're dying to show!!!